Fancy a walk on the ‘ol promenade?
I’ve seen some wonderfully lovely beaches here in Israel that seem to all outdo one another in their beauty and grace, but I must admit that the one I’ve found in West Rishon Le-Zion has quickly become my favorite to visit. One of Israel’s best kept tourism secrets, it seems, is this pristine beach and promenade that is located about 15 minutes south of Tel Aviv. There are numerous cafes and restaurants to be found here to busy yourself with, if you need a break from the sun and sand. I have been really lucky to visit when everyone else is working and get the whole beach to myself to enjoy and stretch out on. It has been said that the beach itself has a lot in common with coastal Southern California, so maybe that is why I feel so comfy there. The place is well kept and very clean, with many areas to rent beach chairs (and ect gear) and plenty of space to set up your own chairs if you brought them. Here are a few photos of the beach itself,
Rishon LeZion Beach (Promenade)- “Tayelet”- in Hebrew
- 20 min drive from Tel- Aviv center
- Down the road from the huge Golden Mall (5 min drive) which has a huge cinema and a few good shops and tons of cafe-type eateries.
- As well, (5 -10 min) drive from Superland amusement park (-if you’ve been to GOOD amusement parks, just skip this one)
- Most parking isn’t free, so be sure and get a little ticket stub when you pay: I’ve seen the parking police give out tons of tickets.
- Woo hoo! They have quality (free) restrooms and showers!